Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Back to School

      Well it is September which means several of my favorite things/ time of year/ events are coming up.  It is of course back to school time but more importantly it is FOOTBALL season.  I am a huge Texas and Alabama fan on the college side of things and I love the Bears and Cowboys in the NFL.  I also love fall fashion.  I live in Illinois so sweaters, jeans, vests, and layering items are essential.  I felt like since in general the game day apparel is probably vastly not talked about in women blogs that I would add a little football to the fashion world.  Usually every Saturday and Sunday you will find me checking in on my teams or sitting down and watching a few games.  Jeans are a staple in my closet and everyday wear during this time of year and if you are going back to school or even if you are looking for great deals this is the time of year to catch sales on jeans.  I love Lane Bryant, Old Navy, and Torrid for plus size jeans, I feel these three companies all make a great jean in several silhouettes that would flatter anyone.  I am currently loving my skinny jeans because we can still get away with wearing flip flops and sandals for just a few more weeks.  
    
     I am wearing a mock baseball tee from Old Navy, which is sold out but similar to this.  I am wearing older (my favorite) jeans from Lane Bryant. Lastly, to finish off my back to school theme I threw on a gift from my sister which is a Texas Longhorns scarf to show my love for the game.  I am considering this my laid back, cheering from the sidelines kind of outfit that could be easily paired with a pair of tall boots for a slightly more polished look or throw on a pair of tennis shoes for something more casual. 
I am lucky enough to be included in a monthly blog collective with a great group of plus size girls who all have great blogs, please go check them out here  Ahead of the Curve Bloggers...feel free to leave comments and love for everyone!!!

Peace&Love,
Valerie

#prayforpeace

4 comments:

  1. I love that there is such a pretty scarf for a sports team. That is so dope!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! What a great scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf. Im glad they came out with something fashionable and not something hideous. You look great as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute scarf! Love the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete